[mod_python] Question about write method of mp_request objects

Evan Klitzke evan at eklitzke.org
Thu Jul 16 20:25:48 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been profiling a mod_python app using cProfile. In the cProfile
data, I'm noticing that on some slow requests the write() method on
the mp_request object is taking up a lot of time.

My question is: does the write() method actually include the time sent
sending data over the wire to the client, or is it just some sort of
memory copy into the request object, which gets flushed and sent to
the client further down the line? If the write() method takes a long
amount of time to send a reasonable amount of data, does it indicate
that something weird is going on in mod_python, or just that the
consuming client is slow?

Thanks.

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at eklitzke.org> :wq