[mod_python] Issues with multiple instances of mod_python websites on the same machine

Guruprasad lgp171188 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:26:50 EST 2009

Hi all,
In our college, we have a mod_python based web application for our
intranet portal. We have a local testbed where the student devs have
their own logins and they work on their own subversion working copies
and publish their sites using mod_python configuration in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default and userdir module. But we very
often face a problem like this.

All the users have their own copies of the web application and when
one user opens and navigates through the web application when other
user is doing the same with his copy, on clicking links and all, all
the addresses start getting changed into those of the other user and
not mine. We use Debian Lenny and the versions of apache2 and
mod_python shipped with them with the mpm-prefork module. How to avoid
such an issue.

For example when I click on a link in a site
http://localhost/~user1/blah it gets changed it to
http://localhost/~user2/blah and causes confusions. This issue happens
only when the users publish their own sites.

--
Thank you.

Regards,
Guruprasad.