[mod_python] Re: Problem compiling mod_python

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:35:06 EDT 2009

2009/8/8 wayne collier <Wayne.Collier at noaa.gov>:
> Hello all. I am having problems compiling mod_python3.3.1 with apache
> 2.2.11.  Also we are using python 2.6.2. When I run  the make command I get
> the following errors (see below). Can someone help me with this?!?

No, because you haven't even posted what the compiler error or actual
cause was. All you have posted is that the make program failed, but
not what it executed that failed. You will need to supply more of the
output from make program.

That said, there are a few suspects as to what cause could be, but
would be just guessing. So, post the more complete error output, or if
just wanting to host a WSGI capable application, perhaps use mod_wsgi
instead, which you may have better chance of getting to work given
that mod_python tar ball will not build out of the box on some current
Apache/Python installations.

Graham