[mod_python] Change site's structure to use mod_wsgi and outer product

durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 03:01:40 EDT 2009

Hi!

I formerly wrote a mail to Graham and I said about a problem that I got
in mod_py with reloading (the reloading is clear my variables in
un-understandable way).

To test another systems I want to try to change mod_py in my little site
to django or pylons. Other virtual sites are remaining.

But: many users warn me to python threading problems (for ex: Django and
the main DB), and suggest me the mod_wsgi to avoid these problems.

But yesterday I read this:

2009.04.25. 20:54 keltezéssel, Dave Britton írta:
> You can run mod_python and mod_wsgi on the same server, but in that
> case certain features of mod_wsgi don't work as mod_python takes
> control of initialising Python.

I wanna ask, that if this conflict with mod_wsgi/mod_py exists, how to I
substitute my little site? The server serves 4 mod_py sites, and 4 php
sites.
I don't want to cause problems for these important sites.
If this conflict can disturb the mod_py, my only way to make this
substitution the mod_rewrite, and making proxy and trusting to this site
never overloading...

Or you can see any solution to do the substition without any problems?
To use both mod_py and mod_wsgi in one time?
I not use publisher.

The system: WX/2k3, Py2.5, mod_py2.3, apache 2.x.

Thanks for your help:
     dd