[mod_python] mod_python Installation

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 01:48:54 EDT 2009

2009/4/20 rahul <rahul.warhekar at edisphere.com>:
> Is silent mode Installation of this package is possible or not?
>
> Or do I need to use latest version for silent installation of mod_python.

Why do you think there is a silent mode? Is it documented somewhere in
the mod_python documentation that there is such a mode?

FWIW, mod_python appears to use Python native feature to build a exe
using 'bdist_wininst' option to Python distutils. So, perhaps try and
track down on Python web site (www.python.org) whether that feature
produces installers which can operate in a silent mode. If distutils
doesn't support that, then not likely to be in there.

You might also go to comp.lang.python newsgroup on Google Groups and
ask there whether installers created with distutils support a silent
mode. You will have to be specific about what you asking, ie., mention
distutils and the 'bdist_wininst' option and whether it supports
silent installers. There is no point asking there about mod_python as
they will not answer you.

BTW, if people don't answer it is likely that no one knows. Thus there
is no point asking time and time again, it just annoys people.

You also haven't answered the question of why you are using an old
version of mod_python when there is a newer version available. Older
versions tend not to be supported and would generally expect that you
be using latest version.

Graham