[mod_python] Cookieless sessions

Martijn Moeling martijn at xs4us.nu
Mon Sep 8 06:30:31 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I am currently working over the Session part of mod_python, let me
explain why.

I am developing a system for over 3 years now which is based on MP and
which has several features to make it scaleable by using a backend
database server and multiple frond end machines to serve pages, data etc
to the browser.

Since it is highly based on load balancing, I needed to store the
session in my database and not in the provided methods of Session.py, so
(I posted this to this mailinglist a long time ago) I extended
Session.Py with the possibility to store session objects/data in MySQL
using MySQLdb.

Now I'm reworking the system to SQLAlchemy and came across the idea to
use cookieless sessions if possible to enable my system to run on
systems where cookies are disabled, Did anyone do so or might this be a
useful contribution to MP? Any tips/comments are usefull

Martijn