[mod_python] Cookies

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:29:19 EST 2008

2008/11/26 Cristian Re <cristian.re at gmail.com>:

> 2008/11/26 Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com>
>>
>> This only reads the cookies if set. How are you setting them in the first
>> place?
>>
>> Have you tried examples as written in:
>>
>>  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-cookie-example.html
>>
>> See also:
>>
>>  http://webpython.codepoint.net/mod_python_publisher_cookies
>>
>> Graham
>

> I set the cookies in a .cgi write in python some like:
>
> import Cookie
>
> cook = Cookie.SimpleCookie()
> cook["test"] = "test"
> print cook

That doesn't mean that another URL will automatically get it. What was
the path and domain of the original cookie? If the path is restrictive
may only go to same URL and not others on same site.

Perhaps post the response headers from CGI script showing cookie being
set, along with what its URL were and then the URL of what the
mod_python handler is. Also perhaps post the raw cookie header from
request headers from later. Protect actual host information if it
matters.