[mod_python] regarding data retrieval

Bart scarfboy at gmail.com
Mon May 26 10:29:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM, rahul <rahul.warhekar at edisphere.com> wrote:
> upto what size we can store characters into python variable.
>
> because i am getting following error when data retrieved from database goes
> beyond 2048 characters.

That's not a limitation of Python itself.

It's hard to say from your description (there's basically no error
there, other than the generic error page that apache hid the real
error with - try logging it?), but if this is not caused by the
database schema that is causing truncation when the data is entered
(and I assume you've checked that), I'd suspect it's some other
limitation of MS Access (or possibly some bad assumption in its
libraries). From what I've read about and used (both fairly little) of
Access, it seems full of limitations that immediately scare me off and
make me use a somewhat more serious database instead.

(By the way, since this is unrelated to mod_python, you should
probably try in a more general python mailing list, you'ld get more
answers.)

Regards,
--Bart