[mod_python] [SPAM] Re: mod_python installation failure on apache

John Calixto John.Calixto at watchguard.com
Fri May 9 18:11:02 EDT 2008

> 	I followed the directions at
> http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html
> 	and get contents of the script mptest.py , not the
> results as if it had run.

First, it would help to see the actual apache configuration.  You seem
to have pasted stuff a bunch of stuff without the enclosing tags.

Also, just based on what I could intuit from your pasted apache
configuration, it needs fixing:

>   PythonHandler mptest
>   PythonDebug On
>   SetHandler mod_python
>   PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler

See how you have 2 PythonHandlers?

> 	if i run the mptest.py script from the command line, i
> get this import error.

It doesn't make sense to run mod_python stuff outside of Apache.

http://www.modpython.org/FAQ/faqw.py?req=all#2.2

John