AW: [mod_python] Sessions & user management

Dominique.Holzwarth at ch.delarue.com Dominique.Holzwarth at ch.delarue.com
Fri Mar 21 07:56:49 EDT 2008

I've tried to secure different server-directories with different user groups now but it doesn't seem to work...

here's what I've added in the httpd.conf:

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/GUI">
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "Restricted Files"
 AuthBasicProvider file
 AuthUserFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htaccess/authfile"
 AuthGroupFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htaccess/groupfile"
 Require valid-user
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/GUI/private">
  Require group developer
</Directory>

the authfile is located in the directory stated above and looks like this:

user3:$apr1$qJ3.....$lv0tLx5G7AHMooDbVSwXb/
user1:$apr1$2N3.....$a7s3qCpdNqmWDj1VnWyQ20
user2:$apr1$VN3.....$7vbus7toyHoXh0CVzyL2O0

the groupfile looks like this:

developer: user1 user2
translator: user3

I'm not completely sure wether I need the "" for the path-locations or not. But I tried it both ways and it never worked... my system is windows vista btw (don't if that matters...)

Would be nice if anyone could give me some hints what could be wrong...

thx Dominique

This e-mail and any files attached are strictly confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. The views and or opinions expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the views of De La Rue plc or any of its subsidiaries and the De La Rue Group of companies, their directors, officers and employees make no representation about and accept no liability for its accuracy or completeness. You should ensure that you have adequate virus protection as the De La Rue Group of companies do not accept liability for any viruses
De La Rue plc Registered No.3834125, De La Rue Holdings plc Registered No 58025 and De La Rue International Limited Registered No 720284 are all registered in England with their registered office at: De La Rue House, Jays Close, Viables, Hampshire RG22 4BS