[mod_python] a way to list all namespace in apache

David Bear david.bear at asu.edu
Thu Mar 20 00:56:03 EDT 2008

Its far too easy to end up with an apache config that is to complex to easily
understand quickly. I was wondering if there was a way using mod-python to
display all the name spaces that apache knows about through its config file.

By that I mean I would like a listing of all virtual hosts and their
associated document roots -- and then for each vhost a list of the rewrite
rules that may exist for that. I know I could always look at the config file,
but I'm thinking of something that would organize the rewrite rules more the
way apache would see them.

My initial thinking of having something like this would be to aid in debugging
some obscure reason why apache would fail to behave as expected. My first
experience configuring apache was using the yast, a gui configurator. But
yast introduced some strange stanzas that sometimes it didn't properly close
or nest. It would have been nice to see what apache was seeing in the
configuration file.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU