[mod_python] Help about apache mod_python Segmentation fault

auther_bin auther_bin at 21cn.com
Mon Mar 3 02:27:11 EST 2008

Hi Graham Dumpleton,

And, when I debug in RedHat9 and my embeded envirenment, the main process goes different!?

in Redhat9, run like:
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8067a40: file main.c, line 438.
(gdb) run -X
Starting program: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -X
[New Thread 1076592288 (LWP 1049)]
[Switching to Thread 1076592288 (LWP 1049)]

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=134642240, argv=0x2) at main.c:438
438     {
(gdb) n
272         stat = apr_app_initialize(argc, argv, NULL);

and in my embeded system runs like:

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff294)
    at /usr/src/build/snapgear/user/apache/server/main.c:441
441         int configtestonly = 0;
(gdb) n
442         const char *confname = SERVER_CONFIG_FILE;

it seems that, the hosting system doing something for init before the main function run, but embeded system do not?

I thinks is here somthing wrong? or there should be some compiling parameters I missed?

======= 2008-02-27 wrote: =======

>On 27/02/2008, auther_bin  <auther_bin at 21cn.com > wrote:
> > Dear friends,
> >
> >         When I compiling the apache python mod_python and install it into my uClibc envirentment,
but when I
> >  runing httpd -X, send a very little request with index.html it crashed. after some debuging work,
I find there should be something wrong in mod_python.c line(about 1561) which looks like:

http://www.nod32cn.com