[mod_python] help installing DSO mod_python on Kubuntu 7.10

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 04:16:56 EST 2008

Use reply-all, stop sending just to me, keep it on the list.

On 07/03/2008, Jason Ward <nyad55 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the output:
>
> jason at Ward:~$ sudo apt-get install apache2-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package apache2-dev is a virtual package provided by:
>    apache2-threaded-dev 2.2.4-3ubuntu0.1
> You should explicitly select one to install.
> E: Package apache2-dev has no installation candidate
> jason at Ward:~$

Work out whether the Apache you installed is prefork or worker MPM. If
prefork, then try installing apache2-prefork-dev. If worker MPM, try
installing apache2-threaded-dev. Don't install both.

These may not be the names, so check the Ubuntu sites if you still
can't work it out, unless someone else here can tell you. Either way,
you need the appropriate -dev package as it contains apxs and the
header files.