[mod_python] Re: mod_python 3.3.1 bug report

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 22:10:25 EDT 2008

It wasn't listed because I believe it was already stated by OP that it
worked with WSGI and thus they knew that already. I therefore didn't
need to tell him.

As much as many frameworks can run on WSGI and may even state or aim
to be 100% WSGI compliant, that doesn't mean they fit with some of the
greater ideals of WSGI that some would like to see. The thing which
Django folks will not be addressing is their reliance on os.environ to
define location of configuration information. WSGI doesn't say they
can't do this, but relying on global data like that in any WSGI
compliant framework limits one to having one instance of that
framework within a Python interpreter instance. This makes it
impossible with one Python interpreter instance to mount more than one
application reliant on that framework. Thus one is forced to use
multiple processes and/or interpreters instead.

Graham