[mod_python] 404 error on existing file

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 06:23:32 EDT 2008

2008/6/19 Andre Hübner <andre.huebner at gmx.de>:
> Hello,
>
> thanks. It is working now. I had to install some more python-packages from
> my distribution, they do a kind of micro-packaging... ;)
>
> changed Code:
>
> def index():
>  s = """\
> <h2>Hello World!</h2>
> """
>  return s
>
> is working without changing setup.  Just one step in correct direction.  But
> one problem still occurs
>
> http://www.modpython.org/FAQ/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq02.006.htp
> If i use PythonHandler helloworld i got error ImportError: No module named
> helloworld
> Is helloworld a module which has to be installed? I did not found anything
> in sources or unrpmed packages, i use Suse 10.1
> Do you are able to explain?  Sorry, im new to this issue and trying to
> lern...

Please don't reply to me in person, use 'reply-all' and reply to the
mailing list.

As I said before, read the documentation. Specifically the documentation at:

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/

I don't know why you keep referring to the FAQ rather than main
documentation. If you follow through the documentation slowly, step by
step, it should explain things.

Also, read:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/GettingModPythonWorking

It may help you to understand the difference. Ie., rather than use
'mptest' you use 'helloworld' in name of file, you will have same
result, where you are defining your own handler.

Graham