[mod_python] Compiling on Solaris 8

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:51:40 EDT 2008

Hmmm, you do realise that Solaris 8 is really old.

Anyway, to start with, you need to compile and install Python with
support for shared libraries. Thus, use --enable-shared option when
running configure for Python and installing it. You will also need to
do a fiddle to get resultant .so appear in correct location. See
section 'Lack Of Python Shared Library' of:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationIssues

That documentation is for mod_wsgi, but same issues apply.

Alternatively, you may find solution described in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationOnSolaris

works.

Again for mod_wsgi and not mod_python, but can still apply. You will
just need to find where in src/Makefile to add that option.

Graham