[mod_python] Regarding SAAS developement

Bart scarfboy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 05:02:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:27 AM, rahul <rahul.warhekar at edisphere.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> SAAS means Software as a Service.
> To be more precise I would like to know whether python is fully supported to
> my requirements of SAAS development (as means: Multi-tenancy, Security,
> features for GUI design, etc.....).

Supported/suitable how? SaaS seems more of a business model than a
software model. Building a service securely and multi-tenant style can
be done in any decent language - the language itself has fairly little
to do with it.

To me, the more interesting details would be scalability implications
of servers/frameworks, ease of speedy prototyping/coding (which is one
of the reasons I currently use python a bunch), and library
availability for given goals.

Things like GUI design is often entirely unrelated to the language too
- even when there is a GUI toolkit in the standard library, it tends
to make some quite specific design choices that some people will
always disagree with. In reality, people will often make GUI design
decisions often come down to personal comfort of a particular
style/specific library/framework's way of doing it. If GUIs are
central to your business, you should probably have some good
discussion of how and in what you want to develop them; some platforms
make creating some (often specific) types/complexities of GUI a lot
simpler, but it also depends on your goals, coders, and such.

If you mean to compare and contrast, we can't really say until you
give us some aspect to comment on :)

Regards,
--Bart