[mod_python] mod_python or wsgi

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Fri Jul 11 00:30:31 EDT 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 10:07 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

>> We have one PostReadRequestHandler
>> All the rest of RequestHandlers
>>
>> The PostReadRequestHandler does some across the board setup including
>> setting
>> the remote_ip in the connection to the value of X-Forwarded-For, if
>> said
>> header exists and if the connection is being proxied.
>
> Is that something which could be done by mod_headers or one of the
> other modules available for fiddling with headers?
>
> Graham

Well, the entire idea is that in mod_perl the remote_ip returns
127.0.0.1
and the X-Forwarded-For header has the actual real value. The
PostReadRequestHandler
corrects that so that code doesnt need to know if it is being proxied
to or not.

So that is a bit beyond what mod_headers does. I take it from the
question,
this could be an issue?