[mod_python] Performance improvements: dynamic linking?

Jevgenijs Rogovs jevgenijsr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:01:57 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing performance issues with Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/) ,
which were nailed down to mod_python, so now I'm looking for ways to
increase its performance.  First of all, it looks like on the system in
question it is linked statically (judging by the size of mod_python.so being
4,991,304 bytes), but I'd like to build it for dynamic linking. The question
is - how do I do that? No matter what I try, the result seems to be the
same...

Here's the environment: RH Enterprise Release 3 (kernel 2.4.20-8), Apache
HTTPD 2.0.54, Python 2.5.1, mod_python 3.3.1.

Thanks in advance!

With best regards,
J.R.