[mod_python] providing REST style interfaces

Rajarshi Guha rguha at indiana.edu
Thu Jan 3 22:56:54 EST 2008

Hi, I'm trying to wrap my head around a REST style interface using
mod_python. My understanding of REST so far is that URI's should not
specify specific actions (as in /service.py?action=delete).

Thus I'd like to be able to handle a URL like

http://www.somehost.com/service.py/descriptor/CCCC

where CCCC is an argument to the service.

Is something like this possible in mod_python? If anybody could point
me to some examples of REST interfaces built using mod_python, it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha  <rguha at indiana.edu>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04  06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE