[mod_python] compile mod_python on iSeries (AS/400)

Denes L denes1951 at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 4 14:14:45 EST 2008

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>>> In src/include/mod_python.h.in (NOTE the extension is .h.in, not just.h), change:

The program now compiles but I had to make the change in mod_python.h not in the h.in file.

>>> You should do a make distclean and rerun configure.

Since this is not really a unix system I can not do that.

Instead I am creating a SRVPGM, the equivalent of a DLL in windows, but I get some undefined symbols which I have been able to reduce to these:
init_apache
MpConn_FromConn
MpFilter_FromFilter
MpHList_FromHLEntry
MpRequest_FromRequest
MpServer_FromServer
unixd_config
unixd_set_global_mutex_perms

I think I might be able to get rid of the ones starting with Mp by compiling some programs separately but the real question here is that I don't see apxs in the iseries Apache.
I know that it supports APR (Apache Portable Runtime) but is that equivalent to apxs? The created SRVPGM has to be loaded into Apache using a:
LoadModule Module in the config file.

Can mod_python work with APR?.

Thanks.