[SPAM] Re: [mod_python] when to use PSP handler, when to use Publisher handler

David Jackson davidj411 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:15:22 EST 2008

2 things i wanted to find out more about :

1) Graham, i took your advice "By using AddHandler for both so that files
with different extensions
can exist in same directory and be processed appropriately."

I then "only enabled mod_python.publisher" and from inside of
publisher functions access to PSP class directly to render pages you
supply references to and return that as result.
*current httpd.conf config is*
*<Directory "C:/www/pybin">
   AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
 AddHandler mod_python .py*
*  AddHandler mod_python .psp
 PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>*
**
**
*contents of test2.psp:*
*from mod_python import  PSP*
*<%
for n in range(10):
     a= "testing" + str(n)
     req.write(a)
%>*

 *error on page test2.psp shows :*
*   <%*
*    ^*
*SyntaxError: invalid syntax*
**
**
2) Question was: *"Warning bells ringing. Why are you picking
mod_python/publisher/psp in the first place when
there are arguably much better alternatives available today for doing
Python web application? " *
I'd like to hear about some of the options that are better than mod_python.
performance and security are important.
The abilty to manage code is also important.
what else is considered important when picking the "framework" (for lack of
better word) for python web apps?

Thanks!