[mod_python] Problems w/ sqlite3

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 05:10:54 EST 2008

2008/12/18 Pawel Oleksik <oleksik at awa.mat.agh.edu.pl>:
> Graham,
>
> Eventually, I've compiled php, experimenting w/ configurations.
> Now there is a consistence in reported versions.
> However it didn't help to force to work php+sqlite3+mod_python.
> And according to Google this problem is unsolvable, isn't it?
>

> So:
>
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 09:55:21PM +0100, Pawel Oleksik wrote:
>> [...] You saved my life :)
>
> was to optimistic :(
>

> Thus another question: does mod_wsgi work in environment: apache + php +
> sqlite3? Or: is there other working solution?

Did you try disabling PHP altogether and then see if your code worked?
This would eliminate PHP still causing a conflict.

And how do you know it is not a permissions problem? Apache/mod_python
runs as special user and SQLite has a requirement that both the
database file and the directory it is contained in is writable by the
user that code is running as. Most people stuff up on the directory
being writable. All parent directories back up to root need to also at
least be searchable by the user that Apache runs as.

So, how about actually posting what the error tracebacks are you are
getting so can see what actual problem is rather than what you think
it is.