[mod_python] Problems w/ sqlite3

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:05:59 EST 2008

2008/12/15 Pawel Oleksik <oleksik at awa.mat.agh.edu.pl>:
> Hi,
>
> I've problem with connection mod_python and sqlite3. Google cannot solve the
> problem too.
>
> Environment: <brand fresh slackware 12.2>
> - apache 2.2.10
> - python 2.5.2
> - sqlite3 v. 3.6.6.2
> - mod_python 3.3.1
>
> Symptoms:
> 1) a database cannot be opened from procedures managed via mod_python
>   however the same procedures work fine in interactive mode,
>   (it's rather not a problem of rights to files),
>
> 2) searching for possible reasons I fount something surprising
>  in interactive mode:           sqlite3.sqlite_version == '3.6.6.2'
>  in "mod_python mode" :         sqlite3.sqlite_version == '3.3.7'
>
> Could you tell me how to solve this problem?

You most likely have also loaded another Apache module which directly
links to the different version of SQLite. Or you are loading PHP and
it is in turn preloading a PHP module which uses SQLite.

Do similar thing as explained in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ApplicationIssues#MySQL_Shared_Library_Conflicts

for MySQL, but search for SQLite shared library instead. Adjust paths
based on where things are installed on your system.

Tat documentation is for mod_wsgi, but same applies to mod_python.