[mod_python] Intermittent stops

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:39:15 EST 2008

2008/12/6 Yves Moisan <yves.moisan at boreal-is.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having issues with one particular instance of Apache 2.0.54 on
> win2003 where mod_python stops working at some point.  The log file
> shows :
>
> make_obcallback: could not import mod_python.apache.\n
> [Fri Dec 05 17:20:56 2008] [error] python_handler: no interpreter
> callback found.
> [Fri Dec 05 17:20:56 2008] [error] [client x.x.x.x] python_handler:
> Can't get/create interpreter.,
>
> Problem is whe I start/restart Apache mod_python gets loaded properly
> and works for some amount of time :
>
> mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes based on 0 max processes and 250
> max threads.
> [Fri Dec 05 17:24:57 2008] [notice] Apache/2.0.54 (Win32)
> mod_python/3.2.7 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.1 configured -- resuming normal
> operations
>
> I have a similar set up on another machine (an XP machine) and
> mod_python never stops working.  I suspect some PHP error mixes things
> up in the Apache environment, but I'm not sure.  Are there known issues
> for win2003 ?

This is more likely to be caused by there being multiple Python
installations on your system and as some point it is find DLL for one
other than the one that mod_python was installed for.

You may not have explicitly installed the additional copies, instead
it may be a local Python installation in some third party application
bundle.

Search your system for all instances of PYTHON*.DLL. Ensure that the
environment of Apache finds the directory for DLL corresponding to you
main Python installation, for which mod_python is installed, before
any others.