[mod_python] Configuration issue with Apache

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 20:52:40 EDT 2008

But is the .htaccess file in forum subdirectory actually read?

To double check, add a syntax error in it. Eg, add any crap such as:

  XXX

in it. If read, should then give 500 error response as Apache will
fail in reading .htaccess file.

DirectoryIndex will only be allowed in 'Indexes' option to
AllowOverride set for directory, but if it weren't then you would get
500 error response as well. If this was the case, only way 500 would
not be returned is if .htaccess file wasn't being read in first place.

But then, if DirectoryIndex worked in root directory, should also work
for subdirectory unless 'forum' is actually a symlink off to somewhere
else. Anyway, clutching at straws about now. :-)

Maybe just try:

  DirectoryIndex index.php index.py

in root directory .htaccess to see if will allow both.

Graham