[mod_python] Solaris 10 Build system problems

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:54:26 EDT 2008

Apache was originally installed with Sun C and so apxs tool is
configured to use it and not gcc. Making it use gcc is a bit
complicated and involves hacking up a new apxs installation.
Alternatively, reinstall Apache but have it use gcc when it is
installed.

Also, your mod_python installation doesn't provide a shared library by
the look of it. You should reinstall Python and use --enable-shared
when you run configure. You will need to also do some symlink fixes to
get shared library appear in Python config directory properly next to
static library.

Where do you want to start? :-)

Graham