[mod_python] Problem getting my web app to work with remote oracle server

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 02:05:14 EDT 2008

2008/4/30 Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com>:
> Please keep replies on list, have bounced this back to list so all can
>  see and perhaps comment.
>
>  2008/4/30 wayne collier <Wayne.Collier at noaa.gov>:
>

>  >  Hi Graham. I set these in /etc/init.d/httpd file. I have following set :
>  >
>  >  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/lib:
>  >  TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/network/admin ; export
>  > TNS_ADMIN
>  >  ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1;  export ORACLE_HOME

One hopes then that you always use init.d scripts to stop and start it
then, as using apachectl directly will not pick up those entries.

Next thing is, have you tried running your Python script from command
line but as user that Apache runs as rather than yourself. Code in
mod_python will run as that Apache user and so if it can't read files
in Oracle installation area, or that user otherwise doesn't have
permission to connect to Oracle in some way, you will have problems.

Graham