[mod_python] Setting the python executable

Evert Rol evert.rol at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:40:20 EDT 2008

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-225
>>>

>> Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Both the problem I'm having and the
>> solution I wanted to achieve (set Apache directive to pick up the
>> correct
>> Python, instead of setting PATH). Looks like I just hadn't put the
>> right
>> search terms into Google.
>> I guess I have to make do with it for now.
>
> Or if you only need it for hosting a WSGI application like Django, use
> mod_wsgi instead. When using mod_wsgi you can override Python install
> prefix for this sort of problem in Apache configuration. See section
> 'Multiple Python Versions' in:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationIssues

Well, I'm also running MoinMoin through mod_python (though I now
should double check that that goes allright with my current setup).
But unless there's some clashing between mod_python & mod_wsgi, I
wouldn't mind installing mod_wsgi for the Django part, while for the
moment running MoinMoin through mod_python. I'll have a look at
mod_wsgi then.