[mod_python] need help solving some performance issues

Alec Matusis matusis at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 22:03:42 EDT 2008

>From my experience, with worker MPM not only multiple cores helps, but I
think larger L2 cache helps a lot.
I suspect it has to do with context switching- perhaps data from several
threads can be kept in L2.

I have two almost identical servers serving same requests (load balancing),
first with 2x 2.66GHz Xeons with 512KB L2 , and second with 2x 3.0GHz Xeons
with 1MB L2. The performance of the second server is much better than what I
would expect from 2.66/3.0 GHz ratio.