[mod_python] old libexpat shared library

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 03:09:06 EDT 2008

2008/4/5 Luyi Chen <lychen1109 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to make mod_python working on Apache 2.2.6, ubuntu dapper
>  6.06. But I was hit by the problem of wrong expat library issue, as
>  stated by Graham Dumpleton, on this page
>  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/ExpatCausingApacheCrash
>
>  I am using a custom compiled Apache2 in /usr/local/apache2, so I
>  checked version of libexpat with the following line,
>
>  ldd /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd
>
>  in the result there're two lines
>   libexpat.so.0 => /usr/local/apache2/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x00002b4f4e1c5000)
>   libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0x00002b4f4e2e7000)

If you have this, then something is quite broken with your Apache
httpd to start with, before even mod_python is loaded.

What is the full 'ldd' output from running it against 'httpd'.

Also go through each of the .so file it is dependent upon and run
'ldd' on them as well and post all the results.

As far as I can tell, one of the .so files depended on by httpd is
itself dependent on libexpat (a different version), as I can't see
otherwise how you can get an executable dependent on two different
versions of a shared library.

Graham