[mod_python] importing egg format libs installed on a custom path

Graham Carlyle graham.carlyle at maplecroft.net
Fri Sep 14 08:03:18 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 21:46 +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Note though that using different versions of Python eggs, or any
> module/package, can be dangerous if they contain a C extension module,
> as an extension module is loaded only once per process and first to
> load will win. This can result in Python wrappers for latter versions
> not matching the inner C extension module resulting in errors or
> crashes. Only choice to avoid that would be to use mod_wsgi daemon
> mode or mod_fastcgi, presuming your application is a WSGI application
> and you aren't using mod_python specific APIs.

Ah, great thanks for the advice, some of the eggs/modules will contain c
extension modules so I'll look into mod_wsgi...been meaning too for a
while but until i had a good reason :)

The applications are django based, though we do have some legacy
modpython specific code which maybe i'll have to treat differently.

thanks again,