[mod_python] Trouble on OSX - Leopard

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:05:04 EDT 2007

Okay, might now what the issue is now.

What may be happening is that Apache server is running up in Rosetta
(ie., PPC), and because the mod_wsgi/mod_python .so files are Intel
only it isn't working.

First step is to determine what Apache is running as. Think you can do
this by running 'Activity Viewer' or whatever they now call it. Ensure
that 'Kind' column is viewable and see what is against httpd
processes. Will be PowerPC or Intel. If it shows PowerPC, that will be
the problem.

To fix I think you run Finder, select Go->Go To Folder and enter
'/usr/sbin'. Then find 'httpd' and go File->GetInfo. From memory in
there somewhere is a way of marking the process to run as Intel rather
than PowerPC.

The question is that if this is necessary, why it is running as
PowerPC by default.

Graham