[mod_python] Which handler? (WebDav AA system)

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:03:29 EDT 2007

> You need to use a combination of authenhandler and authzhandler. It
> isn't trivial to get right and to do it anything near properly needs
> mod_python 3.3.1.

Sure, I do use 3.3.1 .

> If your authenhandler determines that something is public, it can fake
> that a user has logged in by setting req.user, req.ap_auth_type
> appropriately and returning OK.

But still, the apache conf will prompt the user for a user/pass ...
I'm rethinking this part now... The public part can be in another
namespace (url space).

> There are some examples that might get you started in the mailing list
> archives searchable from the www.modpython.org site. Beyond that you
> need to sketch out a bit better what your ideas are for doing it as
> far as hooking into user databases and directive options for Require
> that you might want to use. Depending on user database source, there
> are possibly other modules for Apache available that could also be
> used.

I don't have any requirements for a database source ... I intended to
use a simple pickled dictionary to store the user/pass info - just as
a quick way of storing the info. (Wrinting the pickle wil be rare
anyway).

BTW,
any particular modules in mind that I could use??