[mod_python] Re: Running mod_python tests

Dorneles Treméa dorneles at x3ng.com.br
Mon Oct 8 19:53:39 EDT 2007

Hello,

> You need to actually install mod_python properly. Symlinking the
> lib/python/mod_python directory into site-packages is not enough as
> the _pspmodule.so file isn't copied into the correct location until an
> install is done.

thanks Graham, that indeed seems to have solved the errors/failures.

Now, I've found a new set of problems:

a) sometimes after running the tests, there are still one or two
Apache processes alive. I kill them with 'killall apache2'.

b) If I run the tests 3 or 4 times, at least one time I got an
error like:

ERROR: test_apache_exists_config_define (__main__.PerInstanceTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test/test.py", line 2794, in test_apache_exists_config_define
    f = urllib.urlopen("http://127.0.0.1:%s/tests.py" % PORT)
  File "urllib.py", line 82, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url)
  File "urllib.py", line 190, in open
    return getattr(self, name)(url)
  File "urllib.py", line 325, in open_http
    h.endheaders()
  File "httplib.py", line 856, in endheaders
    self._send_output()
  File "httplib.py", line 728, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "httplib.py", line 695, in send
    self.connect()
  File "httplib.py", line 679, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
IOError: [Errno socket error] (111, 'Connection refused')

It's interesting because only that particular tests is failing.

I think it's related to the time that Apache takes to start/stop,
but I'm not really sure...

Are those issues important enough to care about them?

--

Dorneles Treméa
X3ng Web Technology