[mod_python] undefined symbol: mod_mod_python

Fletcher Mattox fletcher at cs.utexas.edu
Tue May 8 16:39:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

When I upgraded from apache 2.0.55 to 2.2.4, mod_python stopped
working:

z.cs.utexas.edu# ../bin/apachectl start
  httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of \
  /lusr/opt/apache-test/conf/httpd.conf: \
  Can't locate API module structure `mod_python' in \
  file /lusr/opt/apache-test/modules/mod_python.so: \
  /lusr/opt/apache-test/modules/mod_python.so: undefined symbol: mod_python
z.cs.utexas.edu#

Googling around a little, I seem to be the only one with this problem.
This is an extremely vanilla configuration running ubuntu dapper.
mod_python works fine under apache 2.0.55.
Does anyone know where I should start looking?

Thanks
Fletcher