[mod_python] in modpython ,how to restrict the upload file size?

Martin Šenkeřík martinsenkerik at email.cz
Fri Mar 30 12:33:30 EST 2007

This solution works fine only for Opera web browser for me. Others (I've
tested Firefox and IE6) continues with transfer. In http specification is
about "413: Request Entity Too Large" among others written:

"The server MAY close the connection to prevent the client from continuing
the request."

I was trying to find way, how force client to stop the transfer and to
redirect them to some explanation page. But with no result. Do you have
any ideas? Or is it possible, that problem is somewhere else? e.g. wrong
configuration of Apache, mod_python...?

(using Apache/2.2.3, mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.4 on Debian)

Best regards Ohin