[mod_python] mod_python: handling file uploads

Ruben K. midreth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 11:22:27 EST 2007

I built a simple website framework that is not compatible with the
publishing handler, now I am looking to build a feature into that framework
to handle uploads.

While researching on my own how to do this I found that mod_python's
documention is very lacking
in this area.

I have the following questions:

- In which part of mod_python's instance (usually named req or request) is
the uploaded file information found?
- How would I go about moving temporary files to the target directories?
Would I want to open() a file with w+ or something (create if doesn't exist)
and write() the temporary file's content into it?
- Is there a default handler for actions like this?

Regards,
Ruben K.