[mod_python] mod_python on / and authentication on /login (using trac)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Mar 22 18:57:52 EST 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 09:51:31AM +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> On 23/03/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> >Here is the config (hostname masked away):
> >
> ><VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX:80>
> >  ServerName XXX.XXX.XXX
> >
> >  DocumentRoot /ext/test/empty
> >
> >  <Location "/">
> >    Order allow,deny
> >    Allow from all
> >  </Location>
>
> Not sure you really need the above Location section.
> >
> >  <Location "/">
> >    SetHandler mod_python
> >    PythonPath "sys.path+['/opt/TWWfsw/trac010/lib/python242']"
> >    PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
> >    PythonOption TracEnv /ext/test/trac
> >    PythonOption TracUriRoot /
> >  </Location>
> >
> >  <Location /login>
> >    AuthType Basic
> >    AuthName "MyCompany Trac Server"
> >    AuthUserFile /ext/test/.htpasswd
> >    Require valid-user
> >  </Location>
> >
> >  ErrorLog \
> >    /var/opt/TWWfsw/httpd222/log/XXX.XXX.XXX/error
> >  CustomLog \
> >    /var/opt/TWWfsw/httpd222/log/XXX.XXX.XXX/access common
> ></VirtualHost>
>
> What happens if you merge all three entries into one under '/'. I
> realise this means you can't view Trac pages without first logging in,
> but want to see if even that works first.

Yes, that works. I had it this way before try to move the auth to
/login only. I just verified that the reduced example above also still
works when merging the sections.

I'll check on your mod_wsgi example, thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net