[mod_python] Object cleanup with child process scaling

Nicholas Milkovits nmilkovits at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:24:33 EST 2007

Hello all,

I have a quick question about how apache2 and mod python work. When
apache (running in prefork mode) decides to scale back the number of
running child processes running because of a low request volume, does
mod python ensure that all objects have their __del__ methods called
or does apache just kill it and release the memory back to the system?
I am running across a problem where my oracle db has to many sessions
open (although they are marked as idle/invalid) and it appears to be
because the client application is never explicity telling oracle to
close the sessions before exiting. Is there any way to ensure a chunk
of code gets run before apache kills the process?

Thanks,
Nick M.