[mod_python] reloading issue

me mlists at e-beyond.de
Wed Mar 14 04:55:25 EST 2007

Hello Graham,

Am Mittwoch 14 März 2007 10:37:00 schrieb Graham Dumpleton:

> Correct on the underscore, although a .htaccess file is still a good
> idea because if someone stuffs up the main Apache configuration they
> could inadvertently expose your source code still since the only thing
> stopping it from being visible is mod_python.publisher at the moment.

That with .htaccess might not be needed. mod_security is filtering every
request to *.py and other extensions. But you're right it's a "plus" on
security to disallow access using .htaccess.

> As far as import_module(), that also should work with that importer
> path, although using a non obvious aspect of import_module() which I
> am not sure is actually documented as a feature and you probably
> should not rely upon. That is that using relative path of './' will
> resolve relative to directory the call is done from, but in your case
> you have stumbled upon fact that implementation actually also tries to
> find a module by appending a './' prefixed path to any of the
> directories in the importer path. Thus why it finds './Contents' even
> though it isn't in the directory the call is being made from but
> elsewhere. You would be better off reserving './' for when you really
> mean relative to the same directory. Instead use just:
>
>   module = apache.import_module('Contents/' + className)
>
> This will have the same affect and that it isn't a relative path
> implies better that a search is being done.
>
> Other options is to be explicit:
>
>   module = apache.import _module('~/_modules/Contents/' + className +
> '.py')

Okay, it looks also good with the ./ but I follow your hints and change that
to the 'Contents/' + className version. I think that might be the best way
because I've declaratively configured the path in the apache configuration,
when changing that I don't have to change the sources.

> Also, please keep followups on the mailing list.

Sorry I haven't seen that I'm only replying to you (and not to the list)...

Marc