[mod_python] Error in running configure in RHEL4

ying lcs yinglcs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 13:43:19 EST 2007

I get the following error in running '.configure' in RHEL4.
Can you please tell me how to fix it?

 ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking your blood pressure... a bit high, but we can proceed
configure: checking whether apxs is available...
checking for --with-apxs... no
checking for apxs in /usr/local/apache/sbin... no
checking for apxs in your PATH... checking for apxs... no
checking for apxs2 in your PATH... checking for apxs2... no
configure: WARNING: **** apxs was not found, DSO compilation will not
be available.
configure: WARNING: **** You can use --with-apxs to specify where your apxs is.
configure: error: Neither static nor DSO option available, there is no
point in continuing.