[mod_python] Compiling mod_python on 64bit RHEL 4

Fred of UrlBit.Us fred at urlbit.us
Fri Mar 9 15:49:00 EST 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 19:21, Graham Dumpleton uttered thusly:
> On 09/03/07, Posey, Jake E <Jake.E.Posey at boeing.com> wrote:
> > I've been trying to hack the -fPIC flag in the Makefile but not sure
> > where in the Makefile.  I'll also try using the 64bit compiler.
>
> Try CFLAGS in src/Makefile.

I've written a simple build script to make mod_python. Chomp, modify, and use
as you wish. This script is set for Python 2.5, but can be modified easily
enough for 2.4

==============
#!/bin/bash
# configure and build the mod_python module

CFLAGS="-fPIC"

make distclean
if ./configure \
    --with-max-locks=32 \
    --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.5 ; then
    if make; then
        if make install; then
            echo "Build, make, and install of of mod_python successful."
        else
            echo "Install failed."
            exit 3
        fi