[mod_python] mod_python + mod_authz_host w/o mod_auth_digest causes ~1Mb leak per apache graceful restart

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:12:56 EDT 2007

On 29/06/07, Aseem Mohanty <aseem at metaweb.com> wrote:
> They sure look like good candidates, so should I be looking at mod_wsgi in
> daemon mode (we are serving WSGI apps via an adapter). The reason I ask is that
> we need the graceful restarts and cannot really do without it for now.

Maybe not. When I look at it, mod_wsgi is also leaking on 'graceful'
and 'restart' as well. If these leaks are from Python itself not
cleaning things up properly, not sure what I am going to do. Unlike
mod_python I actually Py_Finalize() the interpreter in the main
process so that everything is properly reset back to a clean slate, so
I may actually be more susceptible to it than mod_python.

I'll investigate the mod_wsgi problem and maybe that will throw some
light on why mod_python also has problems.