[mod_python] PSP include with absolute path causing blank page

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:43:01 EDT 2007

On 18/06/07, Erik Thompson <mrlobster99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a weird issue using PSP with trying to include a file with an
> absolute path causing the page to be rendered completely blank.  No errors,
> no expected content, just blank.
> This doesn't happen on my windows machine but on a CentOS 5 server it does.
> I found a hack that appears to work but I don't know if it's safe to use it.
>  Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be going wrong?
>
> This doesn't work:
> <%@ include file="/var/www/html/borders/test.psp" %>
>
> This is a hack that does seem to work to include the file:
> <%
> PSP(req, "/var/www/html/borders/test.psp").run(form)
> %>
>
> The software versions are:
> CentOS 5
> mod_python: 3.2.8-3.1
> python: 2.4.3-19.el5
> apache (httpd): 2.2.3-6.el5.centos.1

Presuming you are using straight PSP and not PSP from within
publisher, follow example on:

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/hand-psp.html

to enable .psp_ access for debug. This will show in browser the source
code when page accessed with .psp_ extension instead of .psp. Post to
the mailing list the snippet of source code being generated for the
section of PSP code giving the problem or look at it yourself and see
why it might not be working.