[mod_python] having modpython make a data base connection

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:58:06 EDT 2007

For starters, if you haven't read:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/TheProcessInterpreterModel

do so.

Second, be very careful about putting database connection objects in
modules which are candidates for reloading. For stuff about how to
deal with this if you want to do that, read documentation for
import_module() in:

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-apmeth.html

I'll let others argue the merits of database connection pooling versus
a connection per request as not an area I have direct experience with.

Graham