[mod_python] Re: mod_python and SQLAlchemy don't mix?

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:33:49 EDT 2007

The problem can also just be caused by you using a newer version of
database client libraries than which Python module was originally
compiled with.

I have a little bit of information on it in my mod_wsgi pages. See
"MySQL Shared Library Conflicts" section in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ApplicationIssues

Because I don't use such databases myself and people do not typically
feedback information to the mailing list about exactly what they found
in respect of version problems, have scant information to actually
quote about how to track it down.

For example, the instructions in my page may not actually cover
finding what database client library version a PHP module itself may
load as no one has ever showed me where such modules are what the
output of ldd on then gives. Thus, try doing the ldd trick on your PHP
module directory as well and post the output of that as well.

Graham