[mod_python] form POST, redirect to GET, lost POST

Ezequiel Panepucci epanepucci at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:44:48 EDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> The trailing slash is actually very important. If your browser isn't
> told that it must be there then all your relative page references can
> be screwed up. Thus, you don't really have a choice but to ensure it
> is there.

Most of requests I issue are AJAX and I always use a full path
so I do not worry about relativity (unlike Einstein).

> That said, I would highly discourage you from using a directory as a
> target of a form post. Instead be explicit and use /pyweb/index.py
> instead as target of form.
>
> Any particular reason why you wouldn't want to do that?

No particular reason, I was just using the fact that "index" is
the default target when accessing a directory.

I understand now that this practice of using directory names can
bite me back in the future.

Thanks much for answering so quickly.

Regards,
  Zac