[mod_python] Problem with mod_python module

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 18:20:56 EDT 2007

On 09/07/07, Jean Sarante <jcsarante at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, my name is Jean and I wanna if someone here can help, i'm trying to get
> running the mod_python module on Apache 2.0.59.
>

> the specifications are:
>

> python-2.5.1
> Windows  XP, service pack 2
> mod_python-3.3.1
> I'm using the global configuration  file
> Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Archivos de programa/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/ht
>  tpd.conf:
>  Cannot load C:/Archivos de programa/Apache
> Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so i
>  nto server: No se encontr\xf3 el proceso especificado.
>  Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  23...

A failure to even load the mod_python module in Apache on Windows
generally indicates one of the following:

1. Using the wrong version of the mod_python installer for the
combination of Python and Apache that you are using. Where did you get
the installer from and what was it called?

2. Running the Python installers as non administrator with result that
permissions of installed files are not correct such that the user that
Apache service runs as can read them, or Windows registry settings
haven't been defined for whole machine and only user that installer
was run as. Who did you run the installer as?

3. Running the mod_python installer as non administrator with result
that permissions of installed files are not correct such that the user
that Apache service runs as can read them. Who did you run the
installer as?

4. Missing the required Microsoft C/C++ runtime libraries for the
version of Python being used, or the library is not readable to the
user that Apache service runs as.

I am not a Windows user, but if you suspect one of the above, maybe
others can fill out details on exactly what to check and how to set
things to fix it. You can also search through past posts on mailing
list using search box at www.modpython.org.