[mod_python] wsgi support?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jan 31 16:05:27 EST 2007

On 01/02/2007, at 3:49 AM, John_Nowlan wrote:

> Are there plans to add wsgi support to mod_python?
>
> Looking at the archives, it seems to be on the radar but I 'm
> wondering if
> there have been any developments, especially with wsgi part of
> python 2.5.

At this point I would have to say that there is probably no good
reason to do so.

This is in part because it isn't going to benefit people who are
stuck with older
versions of mod_python, but also because the overhead of all the
extra stuff in
mod_python for everything else mod_python does would just slow it down.

I am sure you are all saying, but it would be a great idea, well, I
would say it
isn't when you have the following. ;-)

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModWsgi

The code for this has just gone out for testing to the first person
to see it besides
myself. I'll actually be adding more documentation on the site today
about how
it works, so check back some time over the next few days.